- Position FirstPark as a premiere business park in Maine with the potential for businesses to lease or own office space and provide employees with a tremendous quality of life in the Kennebec Valley region.
- Improve marketing and public relations efforts to create more exposure and sell more First Park sites.
- Improve knowledge and affinity of the business park among Maine decision makers (i.e., Maine & Co., the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development, Maine International Trade Center).
- Increase overall prospect inquiries (phone, email, website) by 10 percent (from July 1, 2020, to July 1, 2021).
- Increase site visits by prospects and/or site selectors by 10 percent (from July 1, 2020, to July 1, 2021).
- Support FirstPark to market the features of the business park that make it attractive to businesses looking to relocate due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Create a reshoring campaign to attract businesses overseas to relocate to FirstPark
- Highlight FirstPark’s amenities that make it an attractive place to have a business following the pandemic.
FirstPark is a 285-acre business park in Oakland, Maine. It was clear the park needed an organizational identity plan that would vastly improve the brand of FirstPark. With a goal of becoming more recognized, FirstPark contracted with Marshall Communications (MC) to develop and implement a customized public relations strategy known as The Marshall Plan®. Included in the more than 120-page public relations and marketing strategy were methods and tactics for an organizational identity campaign. Target audiences included investors, site selectors, CEOs and CREs, commercial real estate brokers, entrepreneurs and startups.
MC worked with FirstPark to research and benchmark their website statistics and media results prior to starting the branding efforts.
- Created a brand style guide that has been critical to the business parks brand identity during the past year.
- MC also helped FirstPark to create a Facebook and Linkedin page, plus a YouTube channel.
- Since most site selectors visit the website first, the website was refreshed and re-branded, same with the e-newsletter.
- MC helped FirstPark to promote it as a dog-friendly business park as part of their brand and a way to differentiate it from the several other local business parks. MC helped pitch a ribbon cutting for a new business that was so happy the business park was dog-friendly. It resulted in great coverage from the local NBC affiliate and being dog-friendly is now a major part of the park’s marketing and organizational identity moving forward.
- Pitched Jim Dinkle, Executive Director of FirstPark, as a guest on Greenlight Maine.
6 pieces of media coverage
3.7M online readership
13.5K estimated coverage views
210 social shares
- Over three months (May-July 2018), traffic to FirstPark website was up by 30% compared to the first three months (Jan-Mar 2018); 10% more than our goal.
- Over three months (May-July 2018), leads for FirstPark increased by 157%
- Two new businesses moved in to FirstPark and paid a total of $630,000 for their new properties at FirstPark an ROI of 1,475%
- In six months, the FirstPark e-newsletter contact list has increased by 73 contacts (36%).
- Dog-friendly business moved to park.
- Traffic to website went up, with hits from US and abroad.
- Most visited webpage was the site selection page.
- Jim Dinkle was a guest on Greenlight Maine.